Sunday, February 07, 2016

[1/16] Ships & Seaside Cowl

"Let’s go down to the seaside and watch the ships ♥ 
Big wool blanket? Check. 
Big basket full of bread & berries? Check. 
Storybooks for reading aloud? Check. 
Cozy seaside cowl with lots of stripes? Oh yes please!"

Maybe you remember the two skeins of local alpaca yarn I bought last fall and I've been thinking quite a while what I could make from them. Sometime at the very beginning of my knitting career I bought the complete set of Tiny Owl Knits knitting patterns and have actually knitted nothing of it - until now ...

Falls ihr euch erinnert, letzten Herbst habe ich zwei Stränge regionale Alpaka Wolle gekauft und ich habe eine ganz Weile überlegt, was ich daraus machen könnte. Irgendwann ganz zu Beginn meiner Strick-Karriere habe ich das komplette Set der Tiny Owl Knits Strickmuster gekauft (damals waren es noch etwas weniger als heute und dem entsprechend war das Set günstiger als heute) und habe tatsächlich bis jetzt nichts davon gestrickt. Bis jetzt ...


The Ships and Seaside Cowl is one of the less frilly and cute patterns in the collection and therefore it fits well into my wardrobe. I combined the local alpaca yarn with a few scraps of Drops Alpaca in green-gray and lavender. Also I adjusted the length of the Cowls a bit because I wanted a bit tighter fitting. The cowl is also my first finished project for the 16 in 2016 challenge.

Der Ships and Seaside Cowl ist eines der weniger rüschig-niedlichen Muster in der Sammlung und daher passt er gut in meine Garderobe. Die Seenland Alpaka Wolle habe ich kombiniert it ein paar Resten von Drops Alpaka in grün-grau und lavendel. Außerdem habe ich die Länge des Cowls etwas angepasst, da ich ihn etwas enger anliegend haben wollte. Der Cowl ist gleichzeitig mein erstes fertiges Teil für die 16 in 2016 Challenge.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...